'There once was a terror of Troy who liked a Patricular boy. Achilles and Pat were much closer than that for Pat was his fun little toy.' - Suzi Grasshopper and Shannon Paul
This community was set up for the sole purpose of spreading more of that wonderful 'canon' pairing Achilles/Patroclus, from Homer's Iliad. Please be aware that this community contains discussion and descriptions of homosexual activity. Abuse of any kind will NOT be tolerated.
1) Almost anything goes as long as it concerns Achilles and Patroclus. We accept fanfiction, fanart, discussions, fic recs, lit recs and much more! All we ask is that the focus is, on the whole, on the Achilles/Patroclus pairing. (We will accept it as a secondary pairing within a piece of work, but it must be prominent.)
2) When posting, please make sure you have:
Title: Rating: Summary: Warnings: (For common triggers) Notes: (If necessary)
2a) Do not "warn" for gay content, thank you.
3) Please use a livejournal cut for the following: fiction exceeding 100 words, icon posts with more than three icons in total, and posts containing large or adult images. The FAQ regarding LJ cuts can be found here if you need it.
4) In order to organize this community and make older posts easily accessible, we have implemented a tagging system. Please tag your entries when posting. You may use as many applicable tags as you want, not just a single one. The current tags are:
~ Fiction [RATINGS OVERHAULED]: fic: sfw - "Worksafe"; stories without any major on-screen explicit or dark/disturbing elements (think up to PG if you're used to that system). fic: slightly nsfw - May have non-explicit allusions to sex, violence, dark or disturbing themes, but none of them are so graphic as to be totally not-worksafe. (Think PG-13 if you're used to that system.) fic: nsfw - Contains any of the following: dark themes, explicit sex, explicit violence, graphic triggers, and other themes that may reasonably turn out to fall in this category. You may want to specify which one(s) of these would be applicable in the header.
~ Art: art: sfw - Images you could be caught browsing at work. art: nsfw - Explicit images (sexual, violent, etc.).
~ General: challenge - Posts dealing with the Greek Love Challenge (see below). discussion icons meta - As in meta-fandom. Character analysis, interpretation of the mythological and historical sources, your take on the Achilles/Patroclus relationship, essays, and everything along those lines is welcome. modpost - Announcements, notes concerning the community, significant changes and so on. For the moderators' use only. movie:troy - About the 2004 Troy movie. promo - Promotion of your community, website, fanlisting, etc. Please keep this ON TOPIC, otherwise the post will be deleted. recs - Recommendations of fanfics, movies, books and other material having to do with Achilles and Patroclus or the Iliad. references - Links to interesting websites, term definitions, resources... request - Looking for something and need to ask? Tag it. reviews - Your insight into works involving Achilles and Patroclus. rpg - Role-playing games. video - Fanvids, music videos and other related material.
other - For stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else.
IMPORTANT: Since the tagging system is a new feature on this comm, most of the posts had to be tagged additionally by the mods to the best of our knowledge. If you think a wrong tag has been placed on your entry (after all, things like fic ratings are not completely set in stone), let us know and we will fix it as fast as possible.
5) This community is here to provide a friendly, open place for people to enjoy all things Achilles and Patroclus, which means that you have to play nice. No flame wars, no harassing members, no insulting and/or close-minded rants, no blatantly off-topic spam, no trolling. Repeat offenders will be banned.
But, most importantly of all, have fun!
The first Greek Love challenge is finished. The second round should begin soon. You are in no way obliged to take part, but it would be great if you did! Rules can be found here.